- Bulk Gas Request (1kg=N300) ₦300.00
- 5kg LPG Cylinder with black burner ₦7,000.00
- 10 kg LPG cylinder with black burner ₦12,000.00
6kg with black burner
Rated 5.00 out of 5₦8,000.00
- Electric Hot Plate - One Burner ₦4,500.00
- SHARE THIS PRODUCT 1 Gas Lighter + 1 Refill Color Will Be Supply Roundomly ₦1,499.25
- 3kg Camping Gas Cylinder With Black Sitter And Set 4 Pot ₦9,749.25
- 8kg LPG cylinder with black original burner ₦10,335.60
Do you know your gas cylinder can expire?
LPG gas is the most used cooking fuel in India and many other countries. Not only does it make your mother’s kitchen work convenient, it is also a live bomb sitting just next to her almost all the time.
Did you know that there is an expiry date (physical life) for LPG cylinders? Expired Cylinders are not safe for use and can cause lethal accidents.
Here is how you can check the expiry date of LPG cylinders:
On one of three side stems of the cylinder, the expiry date is coded alpha numerically which starts with A, B, C or D followed by a two digit number. e.g. D06.
The alphabets stand for quarters –
- A for March (First Qtr),
- B for June (Second Qtr),
- C for Sept (Third Qtr),
- D for December (Fourth Qtr).
The digits stand for the year till it is valid. Hence D-06 would mean December quarter of 2006.
So next time your delivery boy comes with a re-fill cylinder, make sure you check the expiry date. Many local LPG re-fillers even conceal the date, usually by pasting some sticker over it. So please be extra careful while checking
If you get a cylinder post expiry date, please return it back immediately, they are highly prone to leaking or bursting causing serious injuries and can even take life.
Although finding the expiry date is not hard at all if you know the trick, an average common man would almost never be able to decipher it. I wonder how difficult it is for the LPG companies to write something like “exp: Dec-2006” instead of such an alien code. Or may be they too want to conceal it? Any way, here’s an easy way – Just enter your code in the box below to get the correct expiry date.
Written by naijagasonline
- Nigeria produces 155m bbls of oil in three months
- NNPC Boosts Power Generation by 2,538MW in August
- Oil, gas exports hit $3.71bn in 13 months
- Set aside risk funds, NNPC tells national oil firms
- Lekki Killings: PENGASSAN, NUPENG threaten to withdraw services, wants FG to produce perpetrators
- How to make cooking gas and kerosene last longer
- Rainoil deepens gas penetration in Nigeria
- NNPC shortlists 78 companies for pipelines rehabilitation bidding
Nigeria’s oil output rises by 9% as OPEC forecasts fall in demand
September 15, 2020
- Fuel price hike in Nigeria, electricity tariffs, inflation, Naira-USD exchange rate dey make Nigerians remember Jonathan goment